- Applications must be completely filled out every time (INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED).
TO AVOID DELAYS IN SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION TO THE REVIEW TEAM PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- STC requires your current mailing address and residence address.
- Include your email address for correspondence
- Fill in all blanks, if a question does not apply to you, please write N/A for not applicable.
- Statement explaining why the funds are needed.
- Copies of bills or estimate/description of items to be purchased with funds.
- Copy of your non-expired Tribal I.D. card must be included.
- Include all payments that you are making: credit cards, debt reduction services, collections, child support and student loan payments, etc. (anything that will show up on a credit report).
ATTACH CURRENT SCHOOL VERIFICATION
- Current class schedule/acceptance letter from school.
- Current grades.
- If STC does not have school verification, we cannot consider your application for assistance.
- Letter from the Spokane Tribal Education Dept explaining why you have the unmet need.
- Proof of filing for FAFSA.
- Include expected graduation date.
ALL LOANS THROUGH STC ARE SECURED BY FUTURE PER CAPITA PAYMENTS
READ THE FINE PRINT BEFORE SIGNING THE APPLICATION
- I/We certify that all statements are true and complete and are submitted for the purpose of obtaining credit.
Items considered by Spokane Tribal Credit
- Monthly payments compared to monthly income (debt to income ratio).
- Repayment history with Spokane Tribal Credit.
- Stability of Income.
- If no history with Spokane Tribal Credit, the loan amount may be limited, or a co-signer may be required.